Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 19 And Who is My Neighbor?

Okay, now this is where I draw the line. I really don't like Jesus teachings that much, they're too hard. Yea you think being a Christian is easy but I challenge you to try to love people unconditionally, forgive people up to 70 times 7 as Jesus tells Peter, give generously (until it hurts), and don't be angry, lustful, or jealous. When the rubber hits the road I don't do too well on the Christian litmus test of discipleship.

And today's lesson is up there with the impossible ones, loving ones neighbor.

Sure, its easy to love your spouse, children, parishioners, and close neighbors. But what about that guy or gal in the office who just drives you crazy with their snide comments or your boss always harping you to get that project done ASAP.

Or what about that neighbor down the street who always thinks its okay to let their dog out during the middle of the day so the dog can pee and poop on your lawn?

Surely you can add your own two cents on this laundry list of neighborliness.

Yet Jesus tells us to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength AND our neighbor as ourself.

Oh well, I guess I better start at the drawing board.

What about you? Do you find being a Christian easy?

Do you always love your neighbor?

How are you doing with your walk of faith?

Let's share today.