Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 16 My Ways Are Not Your Ways

Most of the time God does not agree with my ideas, I'm pretty sure of that. I have some thoughts about the Church, world, politics, culture, and how people should act or not act. I also have thoughts about how people in Church administration should be or not be. Yet God doesn't concur, at least that's what the prophet Isaiah tells me.

Isaiah has a wonderful passage in Chapter 55:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Basically Isaiah is telling us that God has an alternative plan for us, we usually think we know what is going to happen, but nah, in the end things will turn out different.

I don't like that fact that Jesus was derided and ridiculed most of his life............but that was a part of God's plan......

I don't like that fact that Saint Paul went through all of those trials and tribulations, prisons, and beatings.............but that was a part of God's plan.........

I don't like the fact that I have to go through sufferings from time to time, but that too is a part of God's plan..................

Yes, Isaiah is onto something, apparently so is God!!!!!!

What do you think??????

Let's share

(Next week I will be interviewed on a Christian radio station in Missouri. I will update you with details later. I am very excited about this. The program is broadcasted in five states!!!!!!!)