Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 20 Dying With Christ

Before I begin I want to wish everyone a HAPPY FATHERS DAY. Wishing all of you Father's a great day today. I hope you enjoy it.

Today's reflection is a hard one: dying with Christ. Oh, the joys of discipleship! Yea, right. Not much joy in dying. I don't mean physically dying, I mean spiritual deaths.

To follow Christ, as the Apostle Paul says, we have to die to ourselves, in order to live for God.

Yes, die. Die every single minute, hour, day, week, month, and year.

We have to die to sin of course but also to our ego, our agendas, negative attitudes, judmentalism and all the "ism's" that seem to get the best of us. Yep, die every single moment to those.

We die in order to live. Sounds strange doesn't it.

I don't like dying much. No one does I guess. But to be faithful to Christ and to the gospel we have to.

Well, that's my two cents today. You can read more about it chapter 20 of my book.

By the way, only 10 days left in our 30 day retreat. Wow, time does fly.