Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Well, it is 6:15pm here in NC and our family is tuckered out. We had a very prayerful and beautiful Christmas Vigil last night and this morning we have the traditional Divine Liturgy with Holy Communion, our usual Communion service. I hope everyone out there in cyber-land has a wonderful holiday season. If you are traveling I hope you get to where you are going safely. Last week my wife and kids were snowed in with 20 plus inches of snow over in Black Mountain, NC I hope that doesn't happen to any of my readers.

Merry Christmas is the usual Christmas greeting, but in the Eastern Church we also say "Christ is Born!" and the response is "Glorify Him" we use this greeting for the period of Christmas and a few days after Christmas too.

I was shocked to see that people in five countries have already logged onto my website and blog (US, Canada, France, Australia, and Russia.

For those of you interested in foreign languages below is a link to "Merry Christmas" greetings in different tongues, but here are just a few:

Feliz Navidad (Spanish)

Joyeux Noel (French)

Natale Hilare (Latin)


The icon today is the traditional Adoration of the Magi or the Wise Men who came to bring gifts to the baby Jesus.