Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone

Well, it is only 9:20am here in NC but many of us will be up and about later today and I wanted to take a few moments to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and joyful 2010 full of love, joy, and peace.

Every year also comes with resolutions. Below are a few of my resolutions for 2010:

1. Be more intentional about my health. I plant to go to the local Y more often than I did in 2009, hopefully 4 days a week!

2. Be more accepting of people who have different political or religious ideas. I try to be open minded but sometimes I slip and become very judgmental.

3. Be more intentional in reaching out to others in need, again I try but I can always do more.

4. Be more real, in other words, be fully and truthfully "ME" and strip away the false ideas of who I am. People project their own ideas of what a pastor should or should not believe or should or should not say. Too often we accept these notions forcing us not to be fully who God made me to be. In 2010 I want to be more real.

What are your resolutions for 2010?

How can you be more real, more "YOU" in 2010?

What are some of your ideas or plans for 2010 that you want to share with others?

Wishing you a great New Year!